Sometimes it is all too easy for your relationship to hit a bit of a slump. Days turn into repeats of each other and you end up losing touch with each other. In an effort to help you prevent this from happening, feel free to check out the following list of things happy couples do to avoid a relationship slump.
1. Embrace Trust and Avoid Jealousy – Look, it is an unavoidable fact that your partner will most likely have friends, work mates or even people they see in day to day life that are of the opposite sex. Some of these people may even be really great and good looking. That is where you need to learn to trust your partner. Jealousy, it is a really unattractive quality and is really counterproductive. What you will most likely end up doing is to drive your partner away. Let them know you trust them and are happy they have other people in their life they care about and that care about them.
2. Take an Interest In Each Other’s Day – It is too easy to come home from work and get right into a rant about what an idiot your boss is or about how a work mate has really annoyed you. Instead why not come home and start out by asking your partner how their day was. Give them a hug and a kiss and let them know you care.
3. Learn to Compromise – You can’t always have it your own way. If last time you took your boyfriend to a romantic movie which he was not really too into. This time offer to go to a movie he wants to see. And while you are there, cuddle up to him and let him know you are enjoying spending quality time with him. Do not leave the movie complaining about it, just be happy you guys have spent some time together. The same applies with the roles reversed.
4. Find Common Hobbies and Likes – Early stages are always fun not matter what you do. It is however really important to learn as much about each other as you in in these early stages. When the thrill of a new relationship wares off, you need to be able to set out and do things together that you both enjoy. Shared interested are a great back bone to a lasting enjoyable relationship.
5. Make Time For Each Other – In the same way a plant needs water, a relationship needs time together. The more time you find for each other, the more you will get out of your relationship. It is so easy to just sit on your computers or watching TV. Set the table, cook some dinner, sit down and talk!
6. Value Time Alone – Yes I know what I said in point 5, but it is all about a healthy balance. People do need time alone too in order to gather their thoughts. Don’t be totally dependent on your partner for happiness. Go to the gym, see friends etc. That way, when you do spend time together you will appreciate it even more.
7. Do Things Together – Try not to fall into the same routine doing the same old things over and over again? This can end up becoming a little boring. It is a good idea to chat about things you would both like to do. Ambitions and aspirations you both may have. Then make the effort to go from just talking to actually doing. Life should be an adventure with unpredictable outcomes, not a planned out routine.
8. Flirt – If you don’t make the effort to keep a little flirting going, the spark may die out and you may find yourself in a pretty uneventful relationship in the bedroom department. Send the off text to each other with a few flirty lines added here and there. Tell them how hot they looked that morning or what you want to do with them that weekend.
9. Express your love – “I Love You”… Short, sweet and oh so important.
10. Don’t hold Grudges – We all make mistakes. Especially in times of stress after a bad day, not much sleep or even just that you are feeling a little down can sometimes lead you to say things you don’t really mean. Learn to talk out your problems, accept that sometimes your other half may feel a little stressed and most importantly learn to move on from arguments.