10. He was unhygienic (12%) It can often be ignored at the time but this is the type of things that only truly disgusts you AFTER the break up.
9. He was a mommas boy (22%) Irritating from the start and something that festers and can cause plenty of arguments in a relationship. If he’s a momma’s boy, how can he every really be yours?
8. He was physically abusive (22%) This got a considerable amount of votes, I’m only grateful that the subject is now an ex and not a current boyfriend to our members!
7. He was lazy (27%) He thinks he’s cool, you think he’s downright lazy and nothing can turn a girl off quicker than a guy who doesn’t make the effort.
6. He was in love with himself (31%) This could be the very thing that attracted you in the first place, we all love a man who’s confident, but when it gets out of control and he spends more time in the mirror and talking about how great he is, it’s time to move on.
5. He was neglectful (33%) Sometimes he will have things to deal with that might make you feel a little neglected, but when it’s nothing to do with circumstances outside the relationship, then it’s all down to his attitude. He either doesn’t understand women at all or he just doesn’t have an interest in them.
4. He was a cheat (46%) Extremely difficult to forgive and impossible to forget; when someone betrays your trust by cheating on you, it’s not surprising you’re going to hate them for it. Whether it was a full blown affair or a drunken mistake, the damage is done and the anger can stay for a very very long time.
3. He was manipulative (46%) It’s a tough one to see at the time, it’s possible your friends and family saw it a long time before you did. Once you realise everything he did was all a big, premeditated game, it’s no surprise that you’re going to resent you for an extremely long time.
2. He was mentally abusive (48%) In this poll, double t the amount of women found their ex’s to me mentally abusive than physically abusive. It’s not often talked about but when your ex bully’s you will find you either end up hating yourself (after he stripped you of your self esteem) or you hate him.
1. He was a liar (55%) Over half of the women who took part in the survey say that the worst thing about their ex is that he was a liar. Whether it’s a whole bunch a little lies or one huge one, it just goes to show… once the trust is broken, the relationships over.
Relationship surgery has now introduced a new poll, looking for things that men couldn’t stand about their ex’s…. it will be interesting to see if there’s any differences!