What’s it like, living in the life of a 20-something-year-old? Well, according to society, movies, and the latest reality tv shows, it’s freaking awesome. You’re young and gorgeous, rocking a super hot body and dating the latest bachelors like they’re going out of style. You get to travel, study, eat like crap and party all night long without worrying about getting home to any responsibilities.
What society and the big screen doesn’t show you, however, is the heartbreak of dating a guy who is emotionally checked out, unready for the commitment that comes with growing up. You don’t see the tears and desperate text messages to the friends who have to help their brokenhearted girls back to feeling confident. You don’t see the countless hangovers that swallow too many Aspirins before going to work on a few hours of sleep. You can’t see the immaturity, the hormones, the illusion that life will hand itself over and present a happily ever after, only to wake up to bills you can’t afford and a degree that’s taking you too long to chase.
Being 20-something is exciting, scary, and at times overwhelming. But, by the times you are 30 you have a little more life experience and a little more figured out. Here are 18 reasons why your 30’s will be better than your 20’s.
- You will know what kind of person you want to spend life with. You might not find them right away but you will have a better idea of what you will and won’t put up with.
- Getting drunk all the time isn’t as fun because the aftermath isn’t as fun. Say goodbye to frequent bad decisions.
- You can travel on a bigger budget because you have learned how to finally manage your money.
- You will treat your home like a home and not a hotel.
- Thanks to not having to have obnoxious roomies anymore.
- You understand time heals everything and won’t get so worked up over things not going as planned.
- You will spend money on things that really matter instead of junk food and booze.
- Your body will feel better without all that booze and junk food.
- You will partake in things like yoga that will relax you.
- Your sex life gets way better.
- You won’t worry so much about what people think of you.
- You will start to treat sleep like a priority.
- You’ll dress more professionally, which will look better.
- No more FOMO.
- You will most likely be secure in your career.
- Without all the partying and late-night studying you will be able to exercise and be proud of your progress.
- You will get your weekends to yourself instead of chasing around your drunk friends or waking up to…what was his name?
- You won’t waste time on bad friends. You will realize a few good friends are better than a bunch of bad friends.