We all have them, whether they are scary or pleasant, every human being has dreams. And because of that we all have questions about the mysterious stories that go on behind our eyes every night. Although this is not a dream dictionary it will provide you with some very interesting information about the dreams you have! We also found some amazingly strange facts about how dreams work and some really cool things people have done with them! Enjoy!
1. It’s impossible to dream when you’re snoring.
2. The strangers in your dreams are actually people that you’ve seen in real life.
3. People who have lost their eyesight prior to age five usually do not have visual dreams in adulthood.
4. Famous Beatles, Paul McCartney dreamed up the hit song “Yesterday.”
5. Salvador Dali would wake himself up the moment he fell asleep to capture and paint surreal dream images.
6. Dreamers sometimes dream about falling when they wake up with a sudden jerking motion.
7. Our brains tend to be way more active when we sleep, then when we’re awake.
8. Chronic smokers who suddenly quit report more vivid dreams that they had when they smoked.
9. People who suffer from a personality disorder lack dream activity.
10. Humans tend to have around 3-7 dreams a night. We dream around 2-3 hours in a whole night.
11. Men tend to dream about men more than women and women dream about people of both genders equally.
13. Mundane activities (such as brushing your teeth) rarely appear in dreams.
14. Cross-cultural research indicates that our dreams reflect normal life events in our own country and culture.
15. The average person has between 1,460 to 2,190 dreams a year.