Dieting is hard work and usually becomes a vicious cycle. Whether you’re trying the Atkins Diet, a VLC diet or just cutting out all the junk food all diets follow the same principle: Don’t eat anything nice. You don’t talk about all of the stages to your friends, but if you did you’d find that 99% of diets go exactly the same way. And it’s not the way you intended…
1. One day, out of nowhere you catch site of yourself and you’re filled with shock, horror and disgust. Where did all this fat come from?
2. You can’t escape your fat, when you look at yourself, it’s all you can see. It finally sinks in that it’s real.
3. You want it gone ASAP. You consider your options.
4.You attempt a few sit ups. But realise they’re HARD!
5. Ironically, you can’t stop snacking
6. You realise you don’t know enough about nutrition so you start some research
7. You’re shocked at your findings. It seems like everything you eat is bad for you.
8. You need a miracle, you turn to religion for help
9. You let your friends know what your plans are
10. They’re supportive. At first
11. But then they order dessert
12. And you just can’t resist
13. Somebody asks how your diets going…
14. You get offended
15. You start secretly eating
16. And realise that it might be better to eat what you like, but burn it off at the gym
17. You start experience mood swings
18. You over react when your roommate orders pizza
19. Noone understand why you’re always so grumpy
20. You search for ‘thinspiration’ on the internet
21. You start to think that your life is ruined by this excess fat
22. This is so much harder than you expected
23. You turn to alcohol for comfort
24. Which leads to a full on binge
25. You have to seriously consider if you can keep this diet up
26. You decide to free yourself from dieting. No one tells you what you can and can’t eat.
27. You appreciate the taste of guilt free bacon
28. You finally accept yourself and enjoy life again
29. Until next time…